Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Washi Tape!!

I have been asked how I use washi tape in my diary.
I am a little crazy with washi tape! I have a total of 41 rolls!! o_0 Lol!
I love them all!
I have been using it along the hole side of the paper, and repunch the holes. I haven't had any problems with lumps. I've recently had inspiration from Behind My Purpley Life. You should check out her blog!! She also has videos!!
 
On to a little discription of my own!
On this week I decided to do purple and turqouse. I got out the same washi tapes, and a purple masking tape. I cut the purple washi tape to have a < cut. That way it wouldn't block the week, and month on the other side. The turqouse was cut at an angle like this /.
I went through my stickers and pulled some that I liked and some what matched!
The 12th is a little over done, but that is my daughters birthday!!
 
 



Here are some pictures of what I use. You can buy washi tape and masking stickers off of ebay, esty. You can also find washi tape at Micheals. Love to go there during the sales!!
 
 
 
For the little girl stickers you can search korean diary stickers and tons will pop up!
 
I recieved the Muji to do stamp today! I'll be using that too! Jennifer also shows that in her video. One hint if you get the stamp. Remember to stamp on the side of the rings. That way when you flip the page you won't see the bleed through. You'll be covering it with the stamp again! I figured that out the hard way. :( But you learn something everyday! Lesson learned!! 
 

 


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info, it is helpful! I bought 5 rolls of washi tape from Michael's I we the weekend and I hope to limit myself. I also bought several packages of stickers!! And I already have lots of stickers because I scrapbook!

    I also read Behind My Purpley Life and saw the stamp. I almost bought it, but I have decided to hold off for now. I actually wrote down your way of dividing the days with a simple line. I think that might be more versatile and work better for me. But we shall see.

    As for the bleed through, you might try a lighter colored stamp pad. And ink it very lightly. I think t would be awesome to coordinate the ink with the washi/sticker theme. I might be swayed to get the stamp for just that reason!! I'm seeing a light pink, lavender or yellow.

    Well, thanks again for the tips. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've given me an idea!! I'll be trying the lighter and different colored ink!!

      Delete
  2. Sorry for the typos. Posting from my phone on this app is certainly glitchy and doesn't allow me to go back and fix things. It freezes when I try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Liz - Thank you for the mention! It looks great! =) Also, try taking the pages out first, stamp them, and then place them back. This way you get more pressure, better evenness of the stamp. I don't know if that makes sense.

    @LoriV. - I just might try the different color inks. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete